What is the checksum? This is an value calculated from
a content of file by special algorithm. This algorithm is designed so
that change even only one bit in the file data will cause the absolutely
different checksum value.
Another good feature of the checksums is the fixed length of the checksum
irrespective of the size of an source file. Unimportantly, what was the size
of source file - 1 kilobyte or 100 megabytes, the length of the checksum
always will be small. For example, 32 bits for CRC32 or 128 bits for MD5.
These features of the checksums may be used for revealing the damaged files
or compare two files for identity. The good form considers granting to users
of your files also the checksums of these files that they could check up
integrity of files. Advanced CheckSum Verifier
will help you in this. And presence of freeware XCSV utility will allow your
partners to easily check up integrity of received files. The link to XCSV you
can find out on main site page.
The Advanced CheckSum Verifier is an handy
and fast windows utility for verifying integrity of files by using the CRC32 or MD5
checksum calculation algorithms.
It will allow you to verify the accuracy of your data after you burn a CD
or transfer a files over a network. Adding an little checksum file to your
data files will allow in further easily to verify their integrity at any
This program is especially effective if you have many files, many
subdirectories, or both. And it's extremely fast and lightweight.
Uses checksum files fully compatible with popular md5sum utility for MD5 and SFV (Simple File Verification) for
CRC32. And hence may be used
as GUI driven replacement for MD5SUM utility by Windows users.
- Recursive processing of subfolders
- The program can recursively enter into all subfolders of the specified
folder and calculate checksums of files in these subfolders. This
feature allows to quickly calculate the checksums of files inside
the ramified folders tree, for example on the entire CD, or on the
- Setting a mask for selection of files for processing
- You can set a mask of files for processing to not waste time on
calculation of the checksums of unnecessary files.
- Five ways of creating the checksum files
- You may keep in one file the checksums for entire folders tree.
You may create the separate checksums file for each folder.
Yau may even create a separate checksums file for each file.
- The detailed protocol of processing
- The all information on a processing is accessible as the log,
including values of the checksums of files. You may copy the entire
log or its part to clipboard for further use. For the best perception
of the information the warnings are displayed by different color in
dependence from their importance.
- Supporting the MD5SUM (Message Digest number 5) file format
- The program create MD5 checksum files in the same format, which is used
by the MD5SUM utility - the industry standard for MD5 checksum
calculation. This allow easy exchange of the checksum files with
another systems and platforms.
- Supporting the SFV (Simple File Verification - CRC32) format
- The another widely used checksums file format - SFV (Simple File
Verification) is used for creation the CRC32 checksum files. This
format very popular on the Usenet binary newsgroups and on MP3,
MPEG4 exchange networks.
- Very small and extremely fast
- Written by using only pure WinAPI, the program is very small,
has very low memory consumption and instantly start. The using
of advanced low-level WinAPI programming techniques allow to extremely
fast processing of files.
- any system running Windows 95/98/ME/NT4.0/2000/XP.
- less than 0.5 Megabytes of free space on hard disk.
You may choose any of three variants of installation packages for downloading:
Step-by-step installation instructions.
All copyrights to Advanced CheckSum Verifier are exclusively owned by the author -
Anyone may use ACSV during a test period of 30 days. Following this test
period of 30 days or less, if you wish to continue to use ACSV, you must
Once registered, the user is granted a non-exclusive license to use ACSV
according the license type, for any legal purpose. This license will be
valid for all further versions of ACSV. Also registered users will get the
free technical support by e-mail.
Personal license allow to personally use ACSV by a single person on
one or more workstations (for example, on desktop and on notebook).
Personal license is always granted to person, not organizations.
Organizations should register for business or site licenses.
Business license allow to use ACSV on number of workstations defined
by license quantity. You should purchase so much licenses, on how many
workstations are going to install ACSV.
Site license allow to use ACSV on an unlimited number of workstations at
the same physical site location. This site location would normally be
defined as a single building, but could be considered to be a number of
buildings within the same, general, geographical location, such as an
industrial estate or small town.
Conditions of distribution
The unregistered version of program may be distributed freely under
condition of preservation of constant contents of the distribution kit.
- v1.3.0 - release
- fixed bug when processing the files > 4Gb.
- added the current processing file indication.
- v1.2.0 - release
- calculation of total size of files before verifying now is working correctly.
- setting the checksum file name from command line now work.
- the speed of processing is considerably improved.
- improved the visual appearance under Windows XP.
- v1.1.0 - release
- the history of folders is added.
- the online help is expanded and corrected.
- the install/uninstall is improved.
- v1.0.0 - release
- the Advanced CheckSum Verifier has been released as Shareware.
- v0.9.6 - release candidate, new features will not be added until final release:
- the help file is added.
- the installer is added.
- fixed the bug, which not allow to choose the checksum file while
running under Windows 95 and NT4.
- added the confirmation dialog before start the verifying with the
recursive subfolders processing and one file for entire folders tree mode
to avoid the false warnings about files not listed in checksum file.
- if the main window has been minimized, it will restore itself when done
- v0.9.5 - emergency bugfix release:
- fixed bug, which not allow to work normally because permanent exceptions.
- v0.9.4 - not capable to work because of a serious bug:
- supporting the command line parameters is added.
- horizontal scrollbar for the log window is added.
- maximizing to full screen is enabled.
- v0.9.3 - the much altered version:
- program interface is fully redesigned.
- three new mode of checksum files creation is added.
- estimated counter for time to left is added.
- v0.9.2 - the first version reworked on responses of users. I have learned about existence of SFV format :-)
- support for SFV files is added.
- detecting new files in folder is added.
- v0.9.1 - first public release.
- v0.9.0 - first release for internal purposes.
Please, send all suggestions, feedbacks and bug reports to this mail
Last version of the program always can be found to the address: